The expected outcomes from the training are:
- A deeper understanding of the how the regulations and guidance relating to housing and the built environment affect older people (and what older people say matters most to them).
- A fuller understanding of the current legislative and financial requirements relating to accessible housing and building design and increased awareness about the need for optimal responses over the coming years.
- An appreciation of the principals of Universal Design and Lifetime housing and how local authorities, housing associations and private developers can cater for all potential users of dwellings (including domestic accommodation) including older people.
- A reflection on learnings from national best practice, national policy and consultation and how it could be applied in their projects and in local policy making and implementation.
- Developing plans, designs and product knowledge to produce more age friendly housing and public spaces.